Monday, June 8, 2009

London again :(

Hi Everyone,

I am sad to be back in London, as that means my Whirlwind tour of Europe is over. Now for anyone else who is 18 to 35 years of age. DO IT! I regret not doing it 10 years ago. It was the most awesome fun a person can have in 46 days! I have never travelled so many miles, and we did over 18'000 kilometres I do believe, though i will have to ask my Tour driver Simon, for the exact details.

Anyway, I think I got up to Prague in my last Blog and once again there is so much to write about what has happened in the mean time, it's crazy!

After I left the internet Cafe with my last Blog i went and sat out of the rain with a few from the group in a very Czech place - The Hard Rock Cafe'! There we made ourselves all pretty and for the life of me, i can't remember why... We must have done something... We'd been for a boat cruise and then had free time to go shopping in the rain.

THE PUB CRAWL! That's what it was. Most of the night is coming back to me now :) We joined up with another Contiki Crew, who i think we called the F team, cos they just didn't make the scratch to pass with flying colours! We had met them in Vienna, but they weren't very sociable. Anyway, cost of the pub crawl got us in and free drinks for the first 2 hours and a t-shirt. Then we walked around to 4 other pubs and clubs and danced the night away along with a few more beverages.
As we had such a great tour group, it was just a fantastic night as by this time we all knew each other so well and you have 40 friends to dance with.

I eventually went home early, much to my own disgust as my eyes wouldn't stay open and apparently it is not safe to dance when they are shut! It was raining when we got back to the camp site, but this did not worry me, i just crawled into what was left of my little tent and went to sleep. I woke in the morning to find Roman (the name of the wonderful sleeping bag that keeps we warm at night, thanks Auntie Marge) very wet as the tent isn't water proof! (Don't let my tent cave in on me.... It's poles are shit, it's a possibility! Don't let my tent cave in on me.... You get what you pay for on Contiki! Thanks to Racheal for our little theme song!)

So after getting up for breaky, we had a free day. I climbed back into my wet tent and slept for a few more hours before heading back into town for more shopping and less rain.

That evening, a group of us went to a little pub for tea and headed to a black light theatre show. That was great, a little different to what i expected being in the capital of black light theatre, but was really good. Then we headed home in the rain and lucky me was invited into the cabin with the other girls to stay dry and warm for the night, whilst Roman hung around in the next cabin by the heater to dry.

In the morning, we packed up and headed for Munich. Some really great drives around this part of the world and we have an amazing coach driver. Today was the day we got to visit Lichtenstien! Wow, such a pretty lace and so tiny! Have posted post cards from there to a few of you, so watch out for the special postage mark! Had the best Chicken Schnitzel Roll for lunch and a photo taken with some Austrian Scouts in Vaduz, LTCN. Very cultural! Then we headed off to Munich, but now my time is out and i guess you can see on the flickr what i brought! Write again real soon, Sheri xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Wow, can't believe your tour is over already! time flies you know what they say!

    I am still not sure if I'll be in Melbourne, I really want to go to Tracy's 40th but it is on the 4th so would drive down that day and you will already be home... you have a flight booked from Melb?

    Anyway will work it out when it's closer.

    XX K

    ReplyDelete