Friday, June 26, 2009

My 30th in Edinburgh!

I feel like i'm talking to myself, cos no ones talking back but I thought i'd let you know about my birthday in Edinburgh!

I've had the most lovely day, and that is probably due to my wonderful friends who have done far more than they should have to make sure i had a fantastic 30th birthday away from home! Thank you so much Girlies!

Firstly I got a phone call from my Mum at 1am, thanks Mum - I love you too!

This morning i got up and had a shower, thankful that 8 of my 9 doom room buddies had checked out, apart from one aussie gal who was also in Laughterbrunnen on Contiki when I was. I then chatted with my wonderful sister and brother-in-law on the phone for an hour and the boys sang me happy birthday. How sweet!

I checked out of my hostel and headed to the train station to meet up with Rachael and Caitlin, both of who arrived especially to see me! How cool!

We then checked into our hostel and then went for a walk down the royal mile from Edinburgh Castle to Hollyrood Palace then we walked back to the big Scott Monument and had a picnic on the lawns with Rach, Caitlin, Holly and Kim, after they had returned with their wicked camper.
Kim and Holly had prepared a lovely lunch, and gave me a card and a few presents for my birthday. We then sat on the lawns and laughed til we cried. No better way to spend a birthday than with friends and i will love them forever for making my specail day so memorable. I have missed being home with all my lovely friends and family, but these girls certainly made me feel special!

Tonight we went out to Frankenstiens for dinner and when my apple pie arrived it had 2 big candles in it, mainly a 3 and a 0 so I've had an awesome day! See you all soon!

Love Sheridan xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You're not talking to yourself! I know that heaps of your friends are following you by your blog posts. Enjoy the time you have left. See you soon.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri. You're definitely not talking to yourself. I know that heaps of your friends are following you on this blog. Anyway, enjoy the time you have left. See you soon. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats right Sherri, you're definately not talking to yourself!! :) Glad you had such a good birthday! We'll party it up when you get home ok! Miss you like crazy!!! xoxo
    Loui

    ReplyDelete